Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Missing Puzzle Piece.

Surfing The Nations is not just a simple non-profit organization, it is a multifaceted irresistible influential hub of love and hope - but the best part is the true family roots that stand behind it. I have had the joy to get to know the family that interlocks the woven dreams, drive and determination of Surfing The Nations. Tom and Cindy and two of their daughters (Charis and Christy) live on property with us and it is an honest honor to live life with them. Tom and Cindy's other two daughters live on the mainland, Cari visited just a few months ago and I got to fall in love with her little boy Bauer as well as her undeniable fun spirit that is nothing less then impeccable. But with this last night coming to an end I have met the missing puzzle piece, Carla.

Our apartment was transformed into a place of worship, prayer and the Word. Carla arrived with her friend Jamie (her pastor's wife) and we got the blessing of being able to get to know them a bit and share an intimate night of Christ. Charis and Mikaela opened up in an amazing spirit of worship and the apartment flew praise of songs out the doors, windows and any cracks of the old building. I was sitting there aside all of my close friends, in awe. I'm 24 and God has called me to a life like this, who am I to deserve such things. Mikaela, Charis and Emily have the three most soothing voices and I got to be lead in a time of worship with all of them belting out their love for our Father - I wish I could capture this moment to perfection to share the experience.

After worship and a full set of tears, Carla set into what she had prepared to share. I literally couldn't even take my eyes off of her to take notes, it was as if God was literally moving her mouth and speaking directly to me. Carla laid in the truth of what purpose the deserts in our lives have on our calling. She spoke not only about the necessity of those deserts but the necessity to embrace them with no fear of man but of God and to be steadfast in our actions no matter if we are at the highest of peaks of the lowest of valleys.. because God is still God.

One of the biggest revelations she spoke to us was, when you are in the desert that is when the true identity of who God is to you is revealed. Who do you believe the Lord is? His name or his true definition. That hit hard. Because if I truly believe the identitiy of Christ that I need to stand in, no desert would be lonely, no desert would be unbearable because even if it truly does suck and come on being in the desert place - sucks - God is still God and He will be perfect in his timing and purposeful in my equipping. For the call on my life is great and it takes great measure to be refined by his fire.

At the end of a message that brought my eyes to a foggy state the entire time we went into another time of worship and during this time Carla and Jamie prayed for us individually. Carla came to me and prayed over me and God is a God of a tender heart. She spoke simple but needed truth over me and allowed God to embrace me with the comfort I needed as she was a vessel of his love.  Last night was an amazing blessing and my spirit was lifted and my heart content.

God you are amazing and I thank you for where you have called me and to whom I get to live life with.

Jesus, You're Beautiful - is a song I have had on repeat this last week and with last night I can't get enough of this song. Enjoy

Thank you Carla and Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment