Wednesday, November 24, 2010

As we prepare

Man I wish I had time to unpack all of my photo gear and upload the images of the bags we are packing for donations. We have so many bags, so much clothes, tons of toys and blessings of books and DVD's. It has been a crazy preparation for this trip and I'm so stoked to head out on this adventure. We fly out at 11:30 p.m. and from there land in San Fran than to Amsterdam for a 13 hour lay over (FUN!). From there we head straight to Cairo. God has totally rocked my heart these past days and I can't wait to see how crazed this Middle East trip will be. Today we had a time where the whole crew of STN got to pray over us and just lay hands on us in preparation for our trip. It was so powerful and amazing to have such support and love getting us ready for this trip. Leaving is so bitter sweet. Bitter because I am the first of the crew to leave the interns and leaving 20 of my fellow interns will bring so much sadness in the absence of knowing they will all soon be spread to the corners of the world. It breaks my heart to know that I'm not going to see them when I return from this trip but I'm stoked to see how God carries them through the challenges going home will bring. So here we go -- next post will be when we are full fledged into the trip.

Please pray for us as we travel. Pray for protection over our team, both in physically and spiritually. Pray for devine appointments and amazing stories. Pray for our hearts to be molded as well as those we are to meet. Pray that God blazes a trail for us and we have the steps to follow.

The Team
Jazz
Emily
Renee
Julie
Sam
Robert
Viktor
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this Jules so just prayed for you and the whole team...will be keeping tabs on you every day. Enjoy it ...I'm so excited to see what God's going to do in you, through you, and also those you come in contact with...Bless you and your family there.

    ReplyDelete