Friday, September 17, 2010

Bonding Hike Down Cali street

So because we have so many interns here we half to split up a lot of the times. Yesterday team "A" stayed home because we did the surf outreach last week. So while we were waiting to be told what to do team "B" was playing with the kids we had last week. At first we were supposed to leave at 1.. than it was 1:30.. than 1:50 - who knows what took the leaders so long but it's a typical STN situation that man o man am I having to get used to quickly ;) So we all loaded up in the back of the truck and headed down the street for a "hike".
 
We had no idea where we were going but we knew we were going to have fun. I'm sure the other intern group is just as legit but our is so amazing! We got there and started on our trek, right away it was a bare foot adventure because it was so muddy and the vegetation on the ground was so soft it would be dumb not to.

The hike was pretty much down hill the entire time and I was laughing and chat'n so much I didn't realize the way home would be a climb - ha! Well anyways we got to the water finally but not before finding strawberry guava's.
 
Hawaii is pretty cool with out much fruit just grows wild here. We ate so many of them (but you gotta be careful how much you eat.... don't wanna need a bathroom in the middle of the woods). We jumped in the water and it was so warm...and I mean warm.

Me - Sanna - Andy 
Ellen - Me- Sanna - Andy - Johnson! After the swim swim... :)
 Me - Sanna - Ellen - and Colie (It's actually Nicolle but we have 4 of them so she got colie)
We swam around, climbed for ever over rocks and we were all still barefoot - oh it hurt so bad. It was pretty funny though people would hit a rock wrong and you couldn't help it but totally plunge over. We swam. Jumped off bluffs, found more guava trees -- but this time they were a little larger and more yellow (like real guavas). Frida was so afraid of things in the water .. so pretending I was a fish next to her was my entertainment for the day because she flipped out every time. Wes was so afraid of .. oh I can't remember the name of the disease but it's a flesh eating virus that once you get it - you're basically toast and I guess it's found in the water we were swimming in. But I mean come on get over it and jump in. He eventually did and sorta forgot about the little cut he had on his pinky. We kept going down the river forever, it just kept going and going and going and when we would get to a swimming hole we would be stoked because our feet were so sore from tripping on the rocks. We finally decided to head back up the trail and back home. I feel as if I'm not doing this hike justice but man was it epic. I love bonding times, times of laughter, memories, and just straight up fun.

Finally up the hill! Oh how this girl makes me happy! Another one of my swedes!
 Wes.. happy he didn't get the flesh eating virus ;)
Riding home Hawaiin style - loaded in the back of the truck!

Once I got home it was time for some necessary surgery on Zach's foot!  It was painful to perform and more painful to know how much pain I was inflicting on him... watch out for sea urchins!   
Yes that is a shirt in his mouth to muffle the screams.

After I was done with all of that lovely foot stuff. Ellen and Emelie and I decided to once again have a bonding time together. Man oh man do I love those girls. We just sat on the bed together and chatted and chatted and chatted. It baffles me how the Lord has brought us together from totally different sides of the world to be in Hawaii at the same time. PTL for these two girls! I wish we were all just staying at STN for a heck of a lot longer than 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment