Friday, September 17, 2010

Feeding The Hungry #2

Okay so I thought the feeding the hungry last week was a trip, let me try again. This week we were in a different down and I totally different crowd. This week the number tripled and this week I prayed for more people than I ever have in my life! It was nutty. When we got there we were split into teams again and again I was put on the prayer team. It has always been a struggle of mine to pray out loud and def. for sure a struggle to pray for a complete stranger and man is the Lord stretching that comfort zone - it's so great. Most of the people couldn't speak English and a lot of them really didn't want to be prayed for but for that did, I can't begin to explain how amazing it is to be able to lay your hands on a stranger and lift them up to our Father. After praying for people for more than two hours we slowly dispersed among the crowd to "talk story" and just get to know them.
 
 This is Ellen and Sanna in the prayer tent with me =) 

It was super hard because a lot of people honestly don't care about much but being in line for their food. I also had the job to hand out sushi to the crowd as they waited for their turn and it was so humbling and hard to see the greed among them. Some people were so amazing with everything and were so great-full and so amazed we were there -- but it's crazy how some people really don't care.
 
Ellen and this tiny little baby she was babysitting most of the day. Ellen was a nanny in Conneticut for a bit one year (she is from Sweden) so she was all over this "job".

We were in the blazing heat for hours, serving, loving, praying, talking, boxing, feeding, playing, and simply being there for them. It sounds like a job, it sounds like absolutely no fun but let me tell you it's an experience I can't wait to have next week. It's crazy how much fun you can have serving people that don't care if you pray for them as long as they get their food, it's crazy how humbled you can be when you have ten tiny Chinese woman grabbing at your shirt because they want another piece of sushi--yelling at you in a language you don't understand. It's crazy what the Lord can do. After we were done serving it was time to clean. We cleaned up the area for a good long time, nothing left behind, nothing! Than it was time to hop in the car with Cindy and run some errands.. than we were back! Sanna and I had the dinner of champs, Renee and I got some laundry done (first time since I've gotten here) and now Ellen and are just co-existing on her bed :)

Okay now for some photo uploads!

 
Me and Emelie sharing our jack in the box smoothie... on our "lunch" break
Again at Jack in The Box.. Emelie kept making a heart on either side of our heads with her hand... and I believe this was the moment where we just accepted that it looked more like ears than half of a heart. 
I just straight up LOVE this photo. Honestly this girl freaking blows my mind. She is just so radiantly beautiful =)
Us just cleaning up the property .. getting ready to go home!

(keep your eye out for more photos of the event/people/and things we were doing...)

No comments:

Post a Comment