Saturday, September 11, 2010

Prayer walk + wall washing + skate ministry + bEaCh

Again keep your eyes out for new pics because oh my Lord we got some amazing ones today. Today we started off with our small groups. My small group is made up of the best girls I could ever want to be held accountable with. The group is so solid and I'm so stoked to continue growing, challenging, living, and loving along side these beautiful woman. Than we headed out for a prayer walk around town. My group went around and prayed for different apartments that are hurting for love, we prayed for the drug corners, the prostitutes, the transvestites and the hurt in the families. We prayed for each corner as we walked it, each home as we passed it and each hurting family as we saw them. We prayed for a property that Tom (the main man here) wants to purchase for STN and the growing Ohana of STN. We just walked and prayed out loud for the love to be felt within this dark place. Than the skate ministry team headed out to the park. I'm not sure how I got on that due to the fact I don't skate but it was fun. I just gave kids stickers and talked to as many kids that would talk back. It was so hot their and I mean HOT. But it's such an amazing ministry the boys really look up to the STN boys that skate. We have one kid that used to tour with Boarders For Christ and they really look up to him. It's so cool to see God move in the most unlikely places... like a skate park. Once we got back from the skate ministry we headed into "service time" -- this is a nice way to say .. clean this place up. Today we scrubbed the walls of our halls and swept to make it look oh so clean. After service time it has already reached 3:00 and we were let off early. Off the beach we go. We waited so long for the bus and if God wasn't trying to teach me a lesson of patience I don't know what he was doing. For one I couldn't go surf and two I waited an hour in the blistering sun on the side of a gnarly street for the bus. UHG. But it was all worth it. We got to the beach and jumped right into the ocean. I am such a water girl and I knew it before but man alive it is a must in my life. OCEAN! So there we were...Kyle, Mimmi and I. We met up with a bunch of girls on the beach and just enjoyed God's creation.

The sunset was epic and we took loads of images. ( these are just the first of them....) We also had a fun time with the turtles and eating more of those amazing fig palms :) Than back on the bus and some good ol fashion fun with more interns. And now it is night time and tomorrow the "Toes on the Nose Long-board Competition" -- I wish we got to surf in it but no just work.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a gret day Sis...glad I got to IM with you this morning and hope you have a great day at the Surf Camp. Love you and praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do miss you! I look forward to reading your posts and will continue to pray for you on your AMAZING journey. Love to you! Me

    ReplyDelete